xpswmm and xpstorm are comprehensive tools used for the dynamic analysis of floodplains, storm and sewer systems. Given the wide use of these software programs, XP Solutions offers options created for the type of work that you do.
The xpstorm Stormwater & River Modeling Bundle Options are perfect for those engineers who design and analyze stormwater-only systems, including overland flows and water quality analysis. All bundles include xp2D for overland flow analysis, the Water Quality module to track pollutants through a system, the ability to read and write SWMM5 model files, and a Digital Terrain Model to perform cross sections, find node inverts and more. Select the bundle that serves your modeling work.
The xpswmm Sewer Systems Bundle Options give the 1D modeler all the tools needed to design and analyze pipe systems and open channels. All bundles include Dry Weather Flows, Water Quality to track pollutants, Real Time Controls, SWMM5 input/output, a Digital Terrain Model to obtain node inverts and other terrain-based data, and the xpviewer to share models with your clients and colleagues. Select the bundle that best fits your projects.
The xpswmm Comprehensive Modeling Bundle Options are for the versatile engineer or firm that performs a variety of projects, from sewer design to stormwater master plans to floodplain analysis. All bundles include the Digital Terrain Model, Water Quality to track pollutants through your system, SWMM5 input/output and incorporate other variables such as xp2D, Real Time Control and Multiple Domain. Select the package that best suits your varied modeling projects.
Hardware Key: All licenses are controlled by a hardware key (USB by default) that attaches to either the local computer (for standalone licenses) or a shared machine or server (for network licenses). Use of the software at either the site or enterprise locations depends on your legal license.
Site/Standalone License: If you purchase a license of xpswmm, the default licensing is site specific, with a standalone hardware key. You can install the software on any number of machines at the site (office) for which the software is purchased. To run the program, you need the hardware key on the local machine.
Site/Local Area Network (LAN) License: This allows you to install the software on any number of machines at the site (office) for which the software is purchased. To run the program, you will need the LAN hardware key on a local shared machine or server.
Wide Area Network (WAN) License: This allows you to install the software on any number of machines at any number of offices within national boundaries for which the software is purchased (for example, if the licenses are purchased for United States offices, it would be outside of the license to use the software from a Canadian office). To run the program, your network administrator will need the WAN hardware key on a shared machine or server that is accessible across your wide area network. (Please see “Special Programs” section below for more information on WAN licensing.)
Wide Area Network (WAN) License: This allows you to install the software on any number of machines at any number of offices within national boundaries for which the software is purchased (for example, if the licenses are purchased for Australian offices, it would be outside of the license to use the software from an Indonesian office). To run the program, your network administrator will need the WAN hardware key on a shared machine or server that is accessible across your wide area network. (Please see “Special Programs” section below for more information on WAN licensing.)
Demo/Evaluation: These software installations are software-key controlled, rather than hardware key controlled. All licenses are temporary (for an assigned period of time) and are limited in the number of links/nodes and 2D cells. The Demo version cannot save, print or export model files. To save model files, the demo must be registered with your XP Solutions sales representative who can then provide an evaluation license key.
Academic License: This software is provided at a lower rate to colleges, universities and accredited institutions for classroom or academic use only.
Node: A node represents inlets, manholes, outfalls, pipe junctures, ponds, basins or river confluences in a model. This is a node with regard to engineering terminology, not IT terminology.
Link: Links represent pipes, river branches (cross sections) and structures that transmit flow such as pumps, orifices, weirs and rating curves in a model.
Cells: In xp2D, cells are the rectangular elements in a 2D grid which represents the ground surface. This grid links to the 1D xpswmm or xpstorm model. The cell size is determined by the user based on the needs of the model. For example, more detailed terrain or urban areas require smaller grid cells (2m x 2m to 10m x 10m), and more rural or flat areas might allow for larger grid cells (20m x 20m to 100m x 100m).
Any accredited University or College can order (with the professor's name as registrant) XP Solutions software for classroom use. For 10% of the price of a single xpswmm or xpstorm license plus the price of the hardware lock, the university or college would receive:
- A multi-user license of that software title – expiring in 12 months (or a multi user and single standalone license for instructor)
- No maintenance fees – the software can be re-purchased the following year
- No minor or major upgrades (unless a major bug is addressed during that period)
- Technical Support for installation issues only (Professor or IT personnel)
- One copy of the workshop notes (may be copied for students with permission from XP Solutions)
- Professor receives a 50% discount on any regularly scheduled XP Solutions training workshops during the current (purchased) software term
- Software for classroom or research use only (no compensated or professional use is allowed)
**xp2D is priced at 50% of a single module price for any number of licenses. Ask your representative for details.
Hardware lock options (ask your local sales office for pricing):
- Single user
xpswmm default licensing requires that the software must remain at and be used at the location for which it is purchased. This includes both standalone and local area network (LAN) versions.
For those customers who wish to have legal use of xpswmm across a Wide Area Network among branch offices, we offer WAN licensing. This will make the software available to all offices within national boundaries. This has several benefits:
- It allows even the smallest satellite offices to be competitive in their bidding processes.
- It allows every staff member in even remote offices to be part of a productive and inclusive team.
- It provides security so that the lock (which IS the license) is not lost or stolen.
- It expands software use among the design, asset management and analysis teams to increase productivity.
- It requires less for tracking and monitoring of serial numbers, license file management and legal documentation.
- It allows the IT or IS management to control and monitor use of a license.
- Leaves fewer idle licenses in times of annual leave, personal time-off, training, conferences, meetings, etc.
Please note the following conditions for WAN licensing:
- There must be a minimum purchase of two WAN licenses to qualify for WAN licensing. Please note that licenses added to a WAN must be identical in size (number of nodes) and configuration (add-on modules).
- To assist with the times that the customer may need to use a WAN license off-site, we will allow the purchase of the xpviewer Encryptor module. The customer need only buy a single module of xpviewer per lock which will be applicable to all WAN licenses on that lock. This is not applicable for any other module.
- The customer will be asked to provide a purchasing and technical contact for WAN support. All users of the software will be asked to register as users on our website.
- WAN licensing allows for use within national boundaries. It is not permitted to use a WAN license between different countries.
Contact your local sales office for WAN pricing, which is different from our regular site pricing.
Software bundles can be leased for 10% per month of the current list price with a minimum 3 month period (which is equal to 30% of the retail program price).
After the initial lease is purchased, additional months can be added at 20% of the list price per month.
- Anytime within the lease period, clients can fully purchase the software and XP will credit 100% (less $100 for administration) of the lease fees towards the current list price.
- For 30 days following expiration of the lease period, XP will credit 75% of the lease fees toward purchase of that package.
- For the next 2 months, XP will credit 40% of the lease fees.
- After that period, there will be no credit issued on purchases.
Lease licenses will be provided with a hardware key which will need to be returned within 7 days of the end of the lease period. If not returned, XP will invoice for the full list price of the software (no lease credit applied).