Created for and Approved by Los Angeles County DPW
xpwspg is an easy-to-use hydraulic analysis model that computes uniform and non-uniform steady flow water surface profiles and pressure gradients in a network of open channels and closed conduits.
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Works (LADPW) requires use of this model for hydraulic design and has sponsored the development of xpwspg to update the WSPG (Water Surface Pressure Gradient) hydraulic engine and embed that engine with the F0601 Los Angeles Hydrology method in a streamlined graphical user interface. xpwspg is available as a standalone product or as a module embedded in xpswmm or xpstorm.
xpwspg applications include:
- Engineered Channel Design
- Urban Drainage Analysis
- Minor Hydraulic Loss Analysis
Users can graphically lay out their system, enter or quickly import the relevant data, run the analysis and view graphical results. Further, they are now able to tie the hydraulic model to one of many hydrological models within xpswmm and xpstorm, most importantly the Los Angeles County Department of Public Works Modified Rational (ModRat) model for flow generation.
In addition to the basic hydraulic and hydrological features within xpswmm and xpstorm, users also have access to profile and cross section views, map output to CAD programs, a built-in Digital Terrain Map, and more.
Features of xpwspg include:
- an easy-to-use graphical user interface
- a new Windows GIS working environment that is geospatially correct
- the ability to import GIS or external data to build a model
- new “join” element that allows branched network analysis
- use of aerial photos for background images and import CAD files
- a Digital Terrain Map tool to import terrain data and compute link and node elevations
- heads-up network digitization
- layer management
- scenario management
- fully dynamic modeling in xpswmm/xpstorm using LA County Methodology when xpwspg is purchased as an add-on module
- use xp2D analysis of by-pass flows and overland flows (requires the xp2D add-on module)
The WSPG hydraulic software is available in three forms:
WSPG 2010: This is a no cost standalone product which includes the new WSPG engine in an intuitive user interface. It is available for download here. Please note that this free version is not supported by XP Solutions.
xpwspg Standalone: A standalone product that includes Los Angeles County Rational Method in a geospatial working environment with WSPG calculations, XP Solutions expert working environment with graphical user interface, profile views, export to AutoCAD, a Digital Terrain Model, Scenario Management, easy data entry with xptables and more. This is available for purchase through XP Solutions.
xpwspg add-on module to xpswmm and xpstorm: An add-on module that provides the WSPG calculations to the comprehensive xpswmm and xpstorm models. Users can utilize the advanced hydraulics, reports, hydrologic methods, dynamic St. Venant calculations, GIS data exchange, and water quality components that XP Solutions provides.